Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ian Carmichael - One of the Most beloved British Actors Passes Away


Ian Carmichael personified the affable, archetypal silly ass Englishman in scores of revues ,light comedies, films and television programs. His wide-eyes boyish grin, bemused courtesy and trusting manner was his hallmark. His world of old world manners ( as are mine, if you must ask) were his technical lifeline. I have seen most of his films, once saw him in a revue , but what stands out for this Edwardian wanna-be ( me) is his portrayal Lord Peter Wimsey, Dorothy Sayers aristocratic detective in the famous British TV series. The style, the clothes, the props, the manners of this wonderful TV series endeared me to him forever. Based in the time between the wars (1918-1929) this era of England is my favorite time to be alive. I was born too late. Sigh!
I have watched over and over the series and have never gotten tired of it.
Mr. Carmichael is will be missed and we shall not see his likeness again.

1 comment: