Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Actors who have given me much pleasure - we lost one this morning - Saeed Jaffrey - a Jewel of the International Cinema

I grew up; a child of the movies  having much love and respect for many foreign actors, especially ones whose voice and diction thrilled me to no end. Such actors as Philip Ahn, Phillippe Noiret, Alistair Sim, Terry-Thomas, Jean Rochefort, Sydney Greenstreet and so many others. The death this morning of the British/Indian actor, Saeed Jaffrey has sadden my life a bit more.
Mr. Jaffrey was a character actor of enormous accomplishment, urbane wit and avuncular charm.  His very unparochial career let him straddle two different kinds of cinema - Hindi and English language and to all her brought intelligence, a lifetimes' accumulation of technique and style and a seduction, resonant voice. I shall miss him,, but was happy that I was alive to experience his screen performances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment