Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Friday, February 15, 2019

Once there was a city here and now its gone, there are almost no traces of it anymore...Beverly Hills

...but a few of us knew it, because we lived in it and loved it..


In Beverly Hills , Carroll and Co,for over 70 years , the iconic men's clothing store that set the bar for classic menswear ( a store I shopped at since I was a teenager) as did my father and grandfather is closing its doors. It was founded in 1949 by former Warner  Brothers publicist Richard Carroll ( whom was a pal of my uncle, Elliott Gordon) whose clientele was the who's who of Hollywood. 




For years Beverly Hills has been going downhill  in so many ways and this puts the final nail in it's coffin.

I loved this city;  in the 1950's it was not a city really, but just a village, one might say. But now the classic stores, restaurants and bars are  long gone. The good life, lived so well is also gone; the city has become vulgar, if you must know. 

Beverly Hills is gone...hammered into the dust by time, progress, accident and especially greed.

No comments:

Post a Comment