Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Monday, June 21, 2010

Wilton's In London - How Do I Love thee?

I received this today from one of my favorite restaurants in London - All I can say is , I have booked my flight and can't wait until September.
This my friend is true eating, not that insipid food that trendy restaurants try to pawn of on you. And of course, this is not for the impoverished of pocket nor dress. Thank goodness!

The DP Dinner 29 September 2010

29th Sep 2010
Wiltons and Dom Pérignon invite you to experience a very special champagne dinner, tutored by Richard Bampfield, MW and European Champagne Ambassador 2009.

This is truly a unique opportunity to enjoy a variety of Dom Pérignon vintages alongside the exceptional food of Wiltons award-winning celebrity chef Andrew Turner.

Champagne canapé reception served with Dom Pérignon Vintage 2000: 6.30pm

Dinner: 7pm (prompt)
Dress: Lounge suit ( if you have to ask - then this is not for you!)
Menu

Butter poached native lobster and scallop fondant - Oh! My! My favorite!

Dom Pérignon Vintage 2002

Breast of guinea fowl and confit leg with salsify, - OMG - Another favorite!
Wild mushrooms and rosemary

Dom Pérignon Oenotheque Vintage 1996

Pear William Pavlova, cardamom and almonds

Dom Pérignon Rose Vintage 2000

Coffee and sweetmeats

Glenmorangie Signet
£180 per person
.......................too expensive?  Naw!
Just remember what Victor Hugo once said
"As the purse is emptied, the heart is filled'..............and stomach!















No comments:

Post a Comment