Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Monday, December 7, 2009

My Comfort Food - This gray and rainy day in Beverly Hills


When I was young and spent the weekends with my Edwardian grandparents, my grandmother use to serve me for breakfast either asparagus on toast or finnan haddie (smoked haddock). Eggs and bacon were NEVER on her menu.

Today, it’s raining and cold in Beverly Hills and I am dreaming of those days of eating smoked haddock for breakfast. It was my comfort food and still is. Its not found in too many homes and any restaurants that I am aware of in the United States. So....I long for London and eating Parker Bowles Smoked Haddock at his St James restaurant, Greens Restaurant and Oyster house.
Smoked haddock Parker Bowles’ is prepared: , a nice piece of undyed haddock topped with a scoop of chive-flecked mash, crowned with a soft-poached egg and this along with a glass of Vintage Champagne is heaven. just heaven.......ah! To Be in London This Evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment