Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Friday, September 5, 2014

I have grown weary of young chefs ................................my rant for today...........

I grow weary of young chefs who lack the long-term commitment to their craft and expect the short road to success. This might be an unintended consequence of food television, hair mousse, tattoos and chemistry sets I suppose, not entirely sure. What I love most about what chefs do is the craftsmanship and the time they put into it. The magic of true cooking, all of it takes time and commitment to craftsmanship , overnight success ( are you listening young chefs?) is a 20-year journey. I also loath pretense, I have been around too long to suffer though it, to tolerate it and will run like a scalded dog to avoid it. True Chefs cook, they serve, they invite people into their lives to enjoy and experience their love of cooking and hospitality. Self-importance has no place in that.
                                                     (The late Keith Floyd)

No comments:

Post a Comment