Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Thursday, September 18, 2014

Thursday afternoon blues..........feeling romantic and remembering.....remembeing Matt Monroe

He’s known as a “Singer’s Singer”, a man who influenced generations of performers, from Karen Carpenter and Cass Elliot to Michael Bublé. Even Frank Sinatra, to whom Matt Monro was frequently compared, acknowledged his gifts. Yet, his success in the United States was modest, never coming close to his popularity in his native England. and yet, There are a few singers I go to, to feel romantic -Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Jack Jones ( in his prime) and Matt Monroe. How lucky I was, to see them while they were alive and if they only knew what an impression they made on me and my life...incalculable... One great song and two great singers..

No comments:

Post a Comment