Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Meal To Die For! .........Southern Style!



In the hit comedy, "Who's Killing The Great Chefs Of Europe", Robert Morley ( portraying a famous London Food Critic and gourmet) has decided to kill himself ( a long story....),so he goes to his favorite restaruant and orders one of every dish on the menu, then surrounds himself with the dishes and  begins to eat away from every dish.
When I first saw this scene, I fell over laughing, but more important afterwards I thought, Now, Howard, this is way to die! This is what life is all about!

In the deep South, in the small community of Dillard Georgia ( a small town nestled against the Georgia/Carolina borders), is situtated an historic hotel and restaurant, the Dillard House. The hotel is lovely, but more lovely, is their restaurant. Many years ago, when I  first stayed here, I had their famous breakfast. Well, so many places today tout their so-called "famous Breakfasts" and one walks away disappointed, , so I expected not to be impressed. Was I wrong, This breakfast ( they do it for lunch and dinner also) would have gladden the heart and stomach of Mr. Morley and it certainly gladdened mine!
Here with generous portions , eat as much as you wish" philosophy , All of the below is brought to your table for your dining pleasure...................and YES!.................. I mean YES! -"ARE Ya listin' to me,son?"...All the below is brought to your table.
Country Ham
Sausage Patties
Link Sausage
Pancakes
Bacon
Pork Tenderloin
Scrambled Eggs
Country Fried Potatoes
Home Made Fried Fruit Pies
Grits
Sausage Gravy
Red-Eye Gravy
Stewed Apples
Cinnamon Rolls
Biscuits
Blueberry Muffins
Fresh Fruit
Fresh Juice
A meal is not just a meal at the Dillard House, it is a true culinary experience, enticing all your senses.

No comments:

Post a Comment