Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Friday, June 20, 2014

Where is The Food That Late I ..Ate?


I have been accused more than once in my long life, as to being a throw back, wallowing in my past, especially my eating past. 
I say here and now, I am proud of that. 
On this Friday late afternoon, with the world scene somewhat crashing around me, I taken great delight in remembering such restaurants of my youth as Tail O’ the Cock, Tractons, The Cove and so many others, that I grew up in and had some of the best meals of my life. One such place and its still around, is the Smoke House in Burbank, across from Warner Brothers Studios.
Even as a child, I had the great pleasure to eat there many, many times and it still has a warm corner of my heart.
What I remember best was the ‘Coast Guard orange’ colored, wonderful ‘slap you in the face’ taste of their redolent Garlic Bread.  I am told they still produce it.
Another reason I enjoyed eating here was the series Peter Gunn was filmed at the studios across the street and that one of its stars ( I was smitten by her to say the least) was Lola Albright, who to me was one of the most stylish, sultriest and beautiful actresses in Hollywood with one of the throatiest, smokiest and most distinctive voices around. She came in here on a regular basis after the days shooting.
As Geo and Ira Gershwin once penned “Who could ask for anything more”.

No comments:

Post a Comment