Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Wine is meant to be with food - that's the point of it.” Julia Child

This is my day to rant - so be aware
Having just come back from a month in France, I am more convinced than ever that wine is meant to be eaten with food, not to just taste it. I have never seen the point of going to a winery and just having a tasting. I have had to do that many, many times in my lifetime and have always found it boring. Just tasting wine at a vineyard, I have found boring, Wine, I repeat wine if suppose to only be taken with a meal. 
First of all, let's face it, drinking wine, first of all  is for the nice 'buzz' one gets and second, its is only good because it enhances a meal. That's it.
In my latest France sojourn, I spent a few days in the Beaujolais region at the fabulous Chateau Bagnols.
http://www.chateaudebagnols.com/
The kitchen is phenomenal, with the cooking of the young chef, Jean-Alexandre OUARATTA.
But, the real joy here, what made the meal extra special was the interaction with the dining room wine steward, Robin. A man of considerable knowledge and charm. I put myself in his capable hands and we paired wine for each dish. It was through him, that I discovered a St Joseph Rhone white wine. The red St Joseph has always been a favorite of mine, but I was unaware of a white wine, and OH! what a find.
i am sure if I had the wine alone, it would not have impressed me as much as when I had it with my meal.

so, I will never be convinced to drink just wine alone, but always, always have it with a meal and cocktail parties in the States that only serve wine and not cocktails..DON'T GET ME STARTED!

No comments:

Post a Comment