Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Monday, April 21, 2014

My Watch Of Choice - Ingenuity and Simplicity Are Always My Choice When It Comes to Wrist wear....

To me, the Rolex Watch, although well made, is an ugly, not very stylish wrist watch,( crass if you wish to know)  but that is my opinion. Having forgone wearing watches the last several years and relying on my Smart Phone, I have seen the light and have gone back to wearing a wrist watch. I have also given away my Kindle ( going back to reading hard back books) and have forsaken my computer on my days off among other things. But that's d another story..................
Having visited Zurich last December ( what a WOW! city), I wanted a watch that shouted under-stated elegance,  something thin ( not those over-powering gunky sports watches you see men wear theses day), so, shopping one day, I came upon an example of 20th century design, an easy-to-read face,  distinctive watch hands and the famous red seconds hand ( this look is the official Swiss Railways Clock) and I knew I had found my watch.
It's made by the MONDAINE WATCH CO.
In fact, their design appears to take a place in the eternal hall of fame along side other well known design icons such as Coca-Cola, the Mercedes star, The Toblerone Packaging or the design of the US dollar bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment