Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Monday, July 21, 2014

James Garner - A Class Act and a Gentleman


In an era of craggy, sardonic, dangerous and downright scrawny movie stars and actors ( you know who you are and I won't name names, I'm, too much a gentleman )-actors that did not appeal to me ever! (even today) and then came along a natural, good looking, affable, charming actor, in fact to a youngster like myself, in the 1950's and into the early 1960's, he was, even by today's standards, a little out of fashion and yet someone I admired not only for his screen appeal, but as a person, he was a gift to me and many others - for he had a gentle gallantry. I had the chance to work with him on the MGM' movie epic 'Grand Prix' and even off the screen, he was always a gentleman to the max.
Thank you Mr. Gardner, for being there for me, if only being on the screen. 
and One, if not my favorite pictures and soundtrack was  (I think his favorite movie also)  was 'The Americanization of Emily".'

No comments:

Post a Comment