Please Check Out My Other Blogsite

Friday, July 25, 2014

Robert Morley was asked years ago, why he was so fat and he smiled and said, "My dear, because I eat well' - Bravo Mr. Morley

The appeal of a kinder, gentler, and slower pace of life from previous eras is timeless - especially my having the chance to be around my Edwardian grandparents for my formative years,( who until their deaths at the age of 90 plus) lived a measure life, a slow life and a life filled with the mores and ideas of the Edwardian age, it made a lasting impression on how I live - eat, drink and other vices. I say Vice, because by today's standards those things have become evils. 
And yet, look at the popularity of programs like  Downton Abbey?
 I believe on wearing good clothing, having impeccable manners, conversation laced with wit, food contrarianism, humor and the merits of not exercising.
This weekend I shall have scrambled eggs with mixed with heavy cream, homemade sausage ( pork of course) and buttered toast and English jam (the real stuff), then make for the week some gravlax ( so that I have at a moment notice) slices of cured salmon. and what else? let me think for a moment, but all done in a slower, more mannered pace. As it should be......................

No comments:

Post a Comment